From: Sylvain Pion (Sylvain.Pion_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-15 11:03:25

Dear Boost members,

Some of you may already be aware that the authors of
Boost.Interval (Herve Bronnimann, Guillaume Melquiond
and myself) are working on a proposal to standardize
interval arithmetic in C++.

This work has several facets which require different
kinds of expertise :
- floating point semantic aspects,
- C++ library design aspects, the topic of boost,
- expertise in all kinds of interval arithmetic usage.

We have already issued an initial version of the proposal,
which was presented in Mont-Tremblant, and which you can
find here :
http://www-sop.inria.fr/geometrica/team/Sylvain.Pion/cxx/
This version already received a lot of comments, and we
will prepare a revision to integrate these comments.

We invite interested people to join a mailing-list that
we have just created to discuss this project :