From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-17 16:48:52

David Abrahams wrote:

> Thorsten, it's now a week past the freeze date, which was announced
> long ago.

Just to be fair this is to a large part not Thorsten's fault. That being
said my decision would have been the same a week ago.

> I want the new Range features, too, but
> it seems to me that unless you can come up with some really convincing
> argument why this particular library warrants making a special
> exception to the rules -- and I'm still open to hearing one -- we have
> to respect Thomas' decision as release manager.

I agree with Dave (on the really-convincing-reason part as well as the
I-am-open part). The real issue is does it justify holding up everybody
else.

> That said, I think we should add the posting of a series of pre-freeze
> reminders to the release process, so those who lose track of the
> original announcement will be more likely to tie up their loose ends
> in time.

I agree that reminders as a courtesy are a good idea and I will try to
do better in the future. I am unwilling to see their absence as an excuse.

> This procedure will ultimately save lots of work for release
> managers as well (fewer extension requests).

I wasn't aware you're such an optimistic person ;-)

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt
witt_at_[hidden]