From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-17 18:04:43

"Rene Rivera" wrote
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> "Andy Little" writes:
>>
>>> Not sure whether Javascript is acceptable though? ( hmm if Javascript can do
>>> it.. havent used it for a long time )
>>>
>>> (hmm......I wonder if he's still laughing ) ....... ;-)
>>
>> No, this is deadly serious: if you feel like coding it up, we can
>> always try it for comparison :). Last I checked, JavaScript is
>> acceptable if not having JavaScript doesn't make the information
>> inaccessible.
>
> PHP is also acceptable, and as compared to JavaScript, more portable.
> The new library list, the alphabetical one, is a PHP page so that it
> shows the libraries available based on the release.

Currently I need to get my physical quantities library sorted out and make a
formal review request, so I reckon I'll leave this until the new website is up.
I've also got a vague idea to investigate a boost GUI... Meanwhile if anyone
else feels inspired... please dont feel you'll be stepping on my toes ..... ;-)

> And having a list with "columns" that can be sorted might be a
> reasonable way to manage it. It need not be displayed as columns, as
> that takes up more room. But having the various information available
> and sortable is very useful.

I suppose a full blown relational database is out of the question? Seriously
isnt that the right way to do this? Or is that the status quo? If one wanted to
do a more modular boost then that data would also be used to generate modules or
packages on demand, the regression results go in, etc, etc.

regards
Andy Little