From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-18 00:43:28

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>> No, this is deadly serious: if you feel like coding it up, we can
>>> always try it for comparison :). Last I checked, JavaScript is
>>> acceptable if not having JavaScript doesn't make the information
>>> inaccessible.
>>
>> PHP is also acceptable
>
> PHP is server based.

Yep :-) But by using an XML source file, instead of a DB, it is possible
to write equivalent JavaScript that reads the file and presents the
page. I'm not going to write that page, but others who have more JS
experience, and are willing to do the cross-browser testing, are welcome to.

> I guess the question again is: do we
> differentiate between "online" and "offline"?

Well I do :-) Otherwise it's just constraining to both POVs.

> I, as a user,
> would surely want my offline boost distro to have that capabilities
> as well.

Whether both have the same functionality or not is a delivery effort
question. Do we want to put the effort into providing enhanced
functionality for both deliveries? Of course the usual how and why
questions apply to any answer.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything