From: Eugene Talagrand (boostdevel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-21 01:04:12

For many non-system functions, the careful developer can be guaranteed
not to encounter an error if he or she follows the library's specifications.
E.g., if we so choose, we can ignore the fact that Boost.Any has a
bad_any_cast, because we can ensure we will never see it, and we can
likewise ignore many of the possible errors returned by Boost.Regex.

For system errors, even design-by-contract will not save us from errors;
it's for this reason we need the flexibility.