From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-21 08:30:04

"Martin Bonner" <martin.bonner_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I like the links, but ....
>
> Could you increase the space between the "Get Boost" box and the
> "Search" box? Or perhaps make the "Search" text be the same style as
> "Get Boost". My initial reaction was that I had to do a search in order
> to get boost (and I couldn't see why).

I think the answer here is that "Get Boost" needs to be more like a
button and less like a box or table heading. There's no strong visual
cue that it's active until you hover over it. The text is the same as
that of section headings, but even if it were different, IMO, that's
not enough for such a major widget. Probably rounded corners and a
little 3-d relief are needed.

> Actually, I think I would organize it as "Get Boost" and "Search Boost"
> with the drop down having options "All Boost", "Documentation", and
> "Mailing Lists".

Neat idea.

--
Dave Abrahams