From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-21 16:42:30

David Abrahams wrote:

> Thorsten Ottosen <tottosen_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe it was an idea to have icons to show
>>
>> - on the list of libraries
>> - in the opening page of each library
>>
>> that quickly reminds the user that
>>
>> - the library supports serialization
>> - the library supports no exceptions
>>
>> Too pop-smart?
>

> Sounds nifty to me. Small keyword text below each icon or maybe
> tooltips, plus click-through to find out what it means in detail,
> would make this really useful.

One other relevant categories:

- header only
- rtti required

It is a common misconception that boost libraries needs building.

I'm not of a icon making guy, but simply a link might be
enough, e.g.:

* any - [header only] Safe, generic container for single ...

* array - [header only] [serialization] STL compliant

* assign - [header only] [serialization] [no exceptions] Filling ...

The link could be a different style than the link for the library

-Thorsten