From: Richard Corden (richard.corden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-22 09:27:48

Hi,

This is my first post here, so please do not hesitate in letting me know
if this is not the correct forum for my question.

I am running our front end through the regression tests for boost
1.33.1. Using the same compiler configuration we have been able to get
through the regression for 1.32.0.

In 1.33.1, we are producing an error that is_convertible is not a type
on line 95 of boost/type_traits/is_enum.hpp. We get this error when
running tests in libs/filesystem/test.

 From what I can tell, the problem is that is_convertible requires
is_enum be defined which in turn requires is_convertible to be defined.
  The include path for the particular test has:

boost/filesystem/exception.hpp-> /boost/filesystem/path.hpp
/boost/filesystem/path.hpp-> boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp
boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp-> boost/iterator/interoperable.hpp
boost/iterator/interoperable.hpp-> boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp

[This include is conditional on BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT]
boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp-> boost/type_traits/is_abstract.hpp

boost/type_traits/is_abstract.hpp-> boost/type_traits/is_class.hpp
boost/type_traits/is_class.hpp-> boost/type_traits/is_scalar.hpp
boost/type_traits/is_scalar.hpp-> boost/type_traits/is_enum.hpp

Setting BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT does solve the issue, however I don't think
it is the *best* solution.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Richard