From: gruenedd_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-02-23 14:22:16

Quoting Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]>:

> Because the new casts are in TR1 and the polymorphic casts aren't. So if you
> care about portability between boost::shared_ptr and std::tr1::shared_ptr,
> you should stick to the new casts only.

Well, i don't care.
For a std::tr1::shared_ptr there is no poly cast and thats ok.
  But there should be one for a boost::shared_ptr, because
boost offers poly casts and they own so much. :]
Thus, my question is why the ptr poly casts are not/no longer
documented (i.e. not part of the public interface).

David.