From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 18:30:18

I noticed strange behavior of serialization on VC 8.0. I use
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT macro in a .cpp file to register a derived class, so that
it can be properly serialized through base class pointer. This works fine,
as long the .obj file resulting from compilation of .cpp file which uses
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT macro is linked directly to the final executable. But
when I first put this .obj file into a static library, and then link the
library to executable, I start getting unregistered_class exceptions - as if
there was no BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT invoked.

So far I believed that there is no difference between linking to object file
and to static library file containing that object file. It seems my beliefs
were now shattered.

Has anybody else had this issue before?

Thank you,
Marcin