From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-25 06:04:28

Christopher Cambly <ccambly_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Michael Wong <michaelw_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>

>> > Here are the two most urgent changes which are to the jam tools based
> on
>> > the CVS code base in unified diffs for tools/build/v1/vacpp-tools/jam
> and
>> > tools/build/v1/allyourbase.jam:
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> Please post your patch as an attachment rather than pasting it
>> directly into your email, so that the line breaks aren't destroyed by
>> your mailer.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Dave Abrahams
>> Boost Consulting
>> www.boost-consulting.com
>>
> I'm posting the patches for Michael since he currently receives the boost
> list in digest and cannot respond directly.
>
> (See attached file: allyourbase.jam.patch)(See attached file:
> vacpp-tools.jam.patch)
>
> Chris Cambly
> XL C++ Compiler Development

Hi Chris and Michael

I note at
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/summary.html
there are no results for VisualAge C++. We're generally reluctant to
apply patches to support any given compiler if there isn't someone
running tests, so we can verify that it makes things better and that
we haven't introduced regressions. Michael told me in Lillehammer
that y'all were running the tests with the results upload step
disabled. If that's the case, you could just start uploading the
results to us on a regular basis and it would be much easier to
support your compiler.

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams