From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-25 16:15:18

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
>>> named_xxx_object -> xxx_services so
>>>
>>> shared_memory_services
>>> mapped_file_services
>>> heap_memory_services
>>> external_memory_services
>> I haven't followed this portion of the discussion very closely, so maybe
>> it's been discussed. But, what does the "_services" suffix really add? It
>> just seems superfluous to me.
>
> It doesn't say much but I pretend to give a name to "a shared
> memory/memory mapped/heap memory segment that can allocate/find/destroy
> named objects, raw memory and do more things". And it has to be short!
>
> Any suggestion?

Removing "_services" seems to be descriptive enough from my POV:

boost::interprocess::shared_memory
boost::interprocess::mapped_file
boost::interprocess::heap_memory
boost::interprocess::external_memory

Do you really need to have it mean something more by adding a suffix?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything