From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-26 07:52:19

Hi Jeff,

--- Jeff Flinn <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Can demuxer::post be safely called from a thread different
> from the thread from which demuxer::run is called?

Yep.

> It's not clear from the docs, or I'm missing it.

Most of the classes have a "Thread Safety" section in their
documentation. For the demuxer it reads:

  Distinct objects: Safe.

  Shared objects: Safe, with the exception that calling reset()
  while there are unfinished run() calls results in undefined
  behaviour.

This means that any of the demuxer functions can be called from
any thread at any time, with the noted exception of reset().

Cheers,
Chris