From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 05:43:41

John Maddock wrote:

> Sigh.. we really do need a good C++ binding for decimal arithmetic, and
> Boost would be a good place to develop one, however as Eric has already
> pointed out the GPL is not compatible with Boost's license: IBM currently
> charge a lot of money I believe for commercial users of their code.

yes. However, if they give it away unter GPL, there may be the same
option for boost, too. (BTW, I'm just curious: what are the major
incompatibilities between the licences?) As we know, Mike Cowlishaw who
is the author of this library is very commited to standardization both
in IEEE and SC22.
Is it worth asking? If yes, who should do that?

Stefan