From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 16:36:16

On Feb 27, 2006, at 3:01 AM, Yigong Liu wrote:
> Is there any interests in libraries for distributed message passing and
> event dispatching?

Yes, but I'm afraid that enumerating my own requirements would throw a
wrench in the works. I work primarily with the Message Passing
Interface (MPI) for message passing in high-performance computing
applications. Although we still work with the message-passing paradigm
(and could benefit from a higher-level message passing library), our
performance requirements make it such that we need to avoid extraneous
buffering at all costs. I hope to get a chance to look at Channel in
the future, but for now I have a simple question for you: Have you
looked at MPI before, and does it fit into your idea of distributed
message passing?

        Doug