From: David Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-28 13:20:03

Yigong Liu wrote:

> In this sense, Channel is quite in the similar field as GUI event/signal
> systems. By instantiating Channel template with "NULL" SynchPolicy, it can
> be used as a single threaded event dispatcher, and gain the extra benefit
> of being able to plugin different routing/dispatching algorithms and
> easily transformed into distributed eventing systems later.

I have a great interest is this kind of use, but in a threaded
environment. I've developed my own event-driven infrastructure
but it's not designed to be super general-purpose. However, I
am interest in actively participating in discussions around your
proposal wrt this kind of use.

Specifically, my needs for event-driven programming arise from
designing machine simulators, which have slightly different
requirements than a GUI system (tracking simulator time, for
example). A policy-based design works well and is what I've
designed for my own use.

                           -Dave