From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 08:54:17

Robert Kawulak wrote:

> That's a pity... OTOH with Borland 5.6.4 it compiles fine.

The problem showed up in metacomm regressions last night, so I believe
the problem is present in 5.6.4 too.

There also seems to be some link to whether the 'zero size base class'
compiler option is enabled, which seems a strange to produce a
front-end rather than back-end error.

The proposed patch should solve problem regardless of compiler version,
or selected options.

If the same patch is needed for DMC I agree naming it once, rather than
compiler-detecting each time, makes sense. Personally I find the
WORKAROUND clearer than having a function-like macro expand to the
right thing, but that is the library maintainers choice ;?)

--
AlisdairM