From: Michael Wong (michaelw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-06 15:00:21

Stephen, there is no support for V1R6 and it has not been tested with any
release of Boost. The zSeries compiler is now officially up to V1R7.
However, it is possible that a future version of the zSeries compiler will
be supporting some future combination of Boost. But I can't reveal the
exact combination yet.

For now, our support is primarily aimed at V8 on pSeries (AIX and Linux)
with Boost 1.32.0. Each release of the compiler will be tested with one
version of boost.

If you have more questions about specific support, please contact me
directly ad I will forward you to the correct parties. Thanks.

Michael Wong
XL C++ Compiler kernel Development
IBM Canada Ltd., C2/KD2/8200/MKM
8200 Warden Avenue
Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7
W:905-413-3283 F:905-413-4839
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/ccompilers/
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/fortran/
XL Overview http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27005175&aid=1
Optimization
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27005174&aid=1
XL C/C++ for Mac OS X
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27005176&aid=1
XL Fortran for Mac OS X
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27005173&aid=1

----- Forwarded by Michael Wong/Toronto/IBM on 03/06/2006 02:53 PM -----

Stefan Slapeta <stefan_at_[hidden]>
Sent by: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
03/02/2006 08:05 AM
Please respond to
boost

boost_at_[hidden]
cc

Subject
Re: [boost] VisualAge C++: any testers?

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/summary.html

> there are no results for VisualAge C++. We're generally reluctant to
> apply patches to support any given compiler if there isn't someone
> running tests, so we can verify that it makes things better and that
> we haven't introduced regressions. Michael told me in Lillehammer
> that y'all were running the tests with the results upload step
> disabled. If that's the case, you could just start uploading the
> results to us on a regular basis and it would be much easier to
> support your compiler.

and how about IBM C++ Compiler? AFAIK this is a completely different
product, no?

z/OS V1R6 C/C++

__COMPILER_VER__=0x41060000
__LIBREL__=0x41060000
__TARGET_LIB__=0x41060000

We planning to use this one on our zOS mainframe and I would also like
to run the regression tests.

Stefan