From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-06 17:35:06

On 3/6/06, Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Caleb, I don't know if this is too much work but, can we know how many
> calls to "new" this application makes or even better, how many
> std::strings it constructs?

Any suggestions on how to accomplish that?

I've tried using the Google "tcmalloc" library, but the results show the #1
heap-user is some function that can't be determined so I'm not sure how
helpful this information is. In the case that it may be, I'm attaching the
output from "pprof --pdf --alloc_objects" for the Boost.Filesystem "finder"
program.

Google tcmalloc library:
http://goog-perftools.sourceforge.net/doc/tcmalloc.html

TCMalloc Heap Profiler:
http://goog-perftools.sourceforge.net/doc/heap_profiler.html

Some docs that might help interpreting the output:
http://goog-perftools.sourceforge.net/doc/cpu_profiler.html

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com