From: Ananda Tallur (anand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-07 04:39:30

Hello Gennadiy,

Thank you very much for you answer, and sorry for having forgotten
something a important as mentionning the Boost version used !

In fact, I have tried with three Boost versions : 1.33.1, 1.33.0, and
1.32.0, compiled with Apple gcc 4.0.1, and the same is exactly the
same with these three versions.

I have just tried the test again, with the included version of
unit_test_framework :
- including <boost/test/included/unit_test_framework.hpp> instead of
<boost/test/unit_test.hpp>
- not linking the test program against boost_unit_test static library

The test result is exactly the same as when using the static library
version :

----
Running 1 test case...a : 13691
boost_unit_test_gcc4_pb_sample.cpp(18): error in "
SampleTest::sampleTest": check a == 12345 failed [13691 != 12345]
*** 1 failure detected in test suite "Sample test"
So it really seems to show that there is a problem with the compiler
from Apple.
I am currently using build Apple gcc 4.0.1 build 5250, but I have
also tried with previous version (build 5247), and the problem is the
same.
But it works with gcc 3.3 from Apple, and with gcc 4.0.1 without
optimizations.
I have already issued a bug report to Apple.
Thank you again for your answer, do you think of some other test I
could do to precise the problem ?
And also, it would be great if another Mac OS X user could try the
test program I have sent in my previous e-mail, and confirm the problem.
Best regards,
Anand