From: Nigel Stewart (ns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-07 11:46:37

>> Here is an application for a C++ LRU datastructure
>> in computer graphics:
>> http://aim.adc.rmit.edu.au/phd/sgreuter/papers/graphite2003.pdf
>>
>> In a nutshell, the datastructure is a fairly generic arrangement
>> of std::list and std::map, but the replacement policy is fairly
>> application-oriented.
>
> <Chuckles> That's exactly the same data structure I used to cache
> regex-traits classes and locales in boost/pending/object_cache.hpp. So it
> looks like at least two of us came up with the same idea...

     It's a fairly well cited paper now after three years, I don't
     recall boost having the MultiIndex stuff back when that work
     was being done. It would be nice revisit all that stuff
     with boost added to the toolchain... I'm also involved in
     applying graph-based optimisation to computer graphics, but
     the boost graph stuff turned up a little bit late for my
     purposes... :-)

     Glad we didn't do anything too strange for our LRU cache!

Nigel