From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-08 22:33:51

"Jan Hermelink" <Jan.Hermelink_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> As already reported in
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/128277,
>> narrow_path() doesn't work if short filename generation is disabled.
As
>> a workaround I have fstream.hpp patched for using the non-standard
wide
>> char fstream constructors in VC8 (Dinkumware library). Indeed this
works
>> for VC8 only...

> Would you like to contribute your patch? That might be faster and
easier
> than waiting for me to get around to it!

>Shure. Patch against current CVS attached.

OK, thanks! I reworked it a bit to test for Dinkumware version 405, as the
fix is really library specific rather than compiler specific. That's
important as Intel, among others, also uses that library.

There was also an issue with filebuf, which is also hopefully fixed, and I
renamed the function since it no longer always returns a narrow path.

--Beman