From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-09 08:57:19

"Alexander Nasonov" wrote:

> First version of BoostCandidate.Finally is available....

Compiling on Intel 7.0 (Windows, plugges in VC6 IDE,
old Dinkumware). Latest VCVS Boost.

I get a warning:

Compiling...
aaaa.cpp
using typeof emulation
C:\temp\aaaa\aaaa\aaaa.cpp(324): warning #411: class
"_boost_finally_params_324" defines no constructor to initialize the
following:
            reference member "_boost_finally_params_324::hello"
      BOOST_FINALLY_BEGIN( (hello) )
      ^

It is dog-slow: the small example takes over minute!!!! on
Athlone XP 2200+ (no optimisations enabled).

Intel is known for being slow on heavy templatized code
and its preprocessor processing is exponential.

Just out of hand, perhaps using PP local iteration
may be considered.

It, however, works, well, the small example.

Trying it on BCB 6.4 failed, due to problems within typeof.
I do not know about status of typeof vs BCB.

> Waiting for comments and suggestions ...

Mr. Alexandrescu had suggested something like that
to be included in the language (as a killer feature
not seen in mainstream languages). Specifically,
he suggested:

on_block_exit { .... code .... }
on_block_success { ... code ... }
on_block_failure { ... code ... }