From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 06:01:40

"Paul Mensonides" wrote

How about rational dimension elements rather than integers. Would that be
possible using the preprocessor? This occurs rarely but needs to be possible.
One example is in measuring electrical noise where units for noise-voltage
density are Volts * (Hertz to_power -1/2). The time element of the dimension
works out as being to power -(2 1/2) FWIW!

> The things that I find amusing in it are that
> dimensions are specified using variables, not types (somewhat unusual), and
> the
> way that the reconstruction of type from variables occurs.

Is that the same as how Boost.typeof works ...?

acceleration a;
mass m;

BOOST_TYPEOF( m * a) f;
//or