From: Howard Hinnant (howard.hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-13 14:17:40

Hello,

I've been investigating some failures on Mac OS X, ppc concerning
shared_ptr. One of the things that has struck me is that in boost/
detail/sp_counted_base_gcc_ppc.hpp, the __asm__ block in
atomic_decrement is decorated with __volatile__, but the __asm__
blocks in atomic_increment and atomic_conditional_increment are not.
The failure I'm seeing disappears when the __volatile__ attribute is
added in the two missing places. Would this be a proper fix to boost/
detail/sp_counted_base_gcc_ppc.hpp? Should boost/detail/
sp_counted_base_gcc_x86.hpp be treated similarly?

Thanks,
Howard