From: Alexei Alexandrov (alexei.alexandrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-17 13:37:43

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> writes:

> The problem is, one way or another, related to the noncopyable idiom (deriving
> from a class with private copy ctr and assignment operator.) Maybe the
> following, more convoluted snippet will MSVC 7.1 emit the warning:
>
> #include <boost/noncopyable.hpp>
>
> class bar:boost::noncopyable
> {
> };
>
> template<typename T>
> class foo:bar
> {
> public:
> foo(int x=0);
> };
>
> foo<int> f;

Well, it does now. Thanks for this. I will suggest a patch for these warnings
into boost MSVC compiler config so that all libraries can benefit from this.
But what about

boost\multi_index\detail\hash_index_node.hpp(89) : warning C4610:
struct 'boost::multi_index::detail::hashed_index_node_trampoline<Super>' can
never be instantiated - user defined constructor required

This warning seems to have more sense and should not be disabled perhaps. Do
you think it should be disabled on whole Boost level as well?