From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-19 19:18:47

Hi Boris,

I thought you are off-line until Monday...? :)

--- Boris Gubenko <Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> did you test your patch with aCC V3

No.

> or only with aCC V6?

Yes.

> If the
> latter is the case, I suggest, you conditionalize it with:
>
> #if __HP_aCC >= 60000
>
> I doubt, that boost.python compiles with aCC3, but if it does, your
> patch is likely to break it.

With aCC 06.06 compilation works both with and without my patch. However,
without the patch Boost.Python's cross-module feature will not work at runtime.
It seems highly unlikely to me that aCC3 works out of the box, and if it does
it probably needs the same type_id define. Therefore I checked in my one-line
patch as shown before.

BTW: Boost.Python works perfectly with aCC 06.06 after I figured out how to
compile Python correctly (-mt was missing), and with static_cast<> instead of
numeric_cast<>. I got some compilation errors with aCC 06.01, but that's not
important to me, at least, and clearly the bug is fixed already in the latest
aCC version.

Cheers,
        Ralf