From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-20 07:28:02

Hi Tom,

--- Tomas Puverle <Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I just wanted to ask about the state of ASIO on Solaris.
> Looking at the docs, the library claims to use select() to
> check for events. May I suggest that you consider using
> /dev/poll? Starting with Solaris 10, there is also a new
> event completion framework.

Yep, both of those are on my to-do list, but it might be several
versions before I get to them.

As /dev/poll is also available on older versions of Solaris,
that's the one I intend to support first.

I believe that a /dev/poll reactor implementation would be very
similar to the existing epoll_reactor, so that could be used as
a starting point. If you, or someone else, would be willing to
contribute an implementation, it will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
Chris