From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-24 06:01:33

Martin Bonner wrote:
> Interesting. Why do you feel it needs a rewrite? (I'm not for a moment
> suggesting it doesn't, I'm just curious - I know very little about
> boost::thread).
This has been decided almost a year ago, and is because William Kempf is
not available any more. For unknown reasons he was not able to put his
work under the new boost license (he did not respond to any attempts to
contact him).
M. Glassford who took over maintenance currently is tied up with other
projects, so we are trying to bridge this gap.
The intent is not to change interface while creating a better platform
separation of the library. And of course put it under the new license
which obviously implies the need for a rewrite.

Roland