From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-26 16:42:16

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:58:30 -0800, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded RC_1_34_0 from CVS on 20060324 and found -Wshadow and
> -Wcast-qual warnings (from GCC 3.4.2) in three files.
>
> My patch is here: http://stl.nuwen.net/boost-RC_1_34_0-20060324.patch
>
> This patch supersedes my patch for 1.33.1; I verified that Jeff Garland's
> and John Maddock's date-time and regex fixes, respectively, work in
> RC_1_34_0 (thanks again!), and found that the C cast in
> boost/range/detail/implementation_help.hpp was fixed 7 months ago.
>
> [date-time]
> * boost/date_time/gregorian/gregorian_io.hpp
>
> This file contains several instances of a smaller-scope output_itr shadowing
> a larger-scope output_itr. My local patch renames each larger-scope
> output_itr to big_output_itr. (The larger-scope variable is the
> safer one to rename in cases of local-local shadowing.)

I've fixed this on RC_1_34_0 and the main branch. Turns out this warning was
actually pointing out some unecessary code -- so instead of the patch you
supplied I just removed the uneeded code.

Thx again for doing this before the release :-)

Jeff