From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 13:47:49

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 08:32:40PM +0200, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > > But that doesn't look nice and introduces additional variables.
> >
> > If I find some time, I will have a look. Maybe I'll come up with something.
>
> Thanks.
> I'm actually wondering, is this really an issue of the current library?
> If so, why does VC8 not give an error/warning?

The reason is quite simple: because it is crapy compiler. If it would work
according to standard, it should report an error.
Still it might be possible, that there is some compatibility mode turned
on by default, that disables this error.

> Could this be a gcc issue instead?

No it is not a gcc issue. It was done intentionaly the way it is.

Regards,
Pavol.