From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-30 00:42:31

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> I notice that version.hpp in both head and rc1_34_0 is the same
> this causes me many problems

Good question. Is there something in the release manager checklist for
when and if to change the version number of head?

> I further note that the install seems to name the resulting .lib and
> .dll files w/ 1_34 NOT 1_34_0 and I don't see where to change that

AFAIK it's supposed to be that way. For 1.34.0 it should use 1_34, and
for 1.34.1 it should use 1_34_1 if we ever have one of those that is. It
was done this way for 1.33.0 and 1.33.1 because we overlooked the binary
incompatibility ramifications only after 1.33.0 was out.

> I've stopped doing cvs-head runs because of the filename collisions

I would think you would do such testing runs to/from different locations.

> btw, the revision encoding mechanism that's currently in use will
> cause problems in the future, there's no way to tell the difference
> between 1_34_0 (103400) and 1_34 whch apparently also will encode to 103400

There's never going to be a 1_34_0. If I understand you quandry correctly.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything