From: vaclav.vesely_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-03-31 07:36:42

Parsing date and time with custom patterns is possible via input facets, but it's a bit cumbersome. I suppose, that developers usually writes their own functions like this:

        ptime pt = parse_date_time(str, format);

I think, that these functions should be incorporeted in the library. Maybe there are better syntaxes. For example:

        ptime pt = ptime::parse(str, format);

        ptime pt = lexical_cast<ptime>(str, format);

The same probably applies to formating output. But in that case the user can take individual elements of the value and format them with boost::format for example.

I can help with implementing these functions once the proper syntax would be arranged.

What do you think?

Regards,
Vaclav