From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-02 12:31:15

> Nice documentation! May I ask, what tools were used to produce the
> docs, including math, in html?

The docs are in quickbook (nice work guys BTW).

The math was written with Mathcast which most of the time I love to bits (it
still has a few rough edges, and the author seems to have moved on to other
things at present, but it is non-the less a very usable tool). Mathcast
produces MathML XML and can edit XHTML with embedded MathML directly.
That's not a feature I've been able to use directly: at present in order to
interface with quickbook I have to convert the equations to png's which is a
big step backwards. It's theoretically possible to use DocBook with MathML,
but I have no concept of what we would have to do to quickbook and the
BoostBook XML toolchain to get it to play ball with that.

John.