From: Foster Brereton (fosterb.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-03 00:26:24

On 4/2/06, Andy Little <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Inside comments, only allow the characters that are allowed outside comments.
>
> regards
> Andy Little

I am getting the reports third-hand, but it is my understanding that
the problems we are having are with certain high-ASCII characters in
comments only. I am not sure if the same characters in a non-comment
context would generate the same warning. Here's what I have from one
of the developers that originally posted the issue:

<quote>
the warning C4819 (an unsuitable character against current code page)
caused the error C2220 when header files (.h and .hpp) which are
referred from the compiling source file contain upper ASCII
characters. In case of source files which contain upper ASCII
characters, C4819 warning occurred, but C2220 error did not occur.

I tried to correct the upper ASCII characters in only header files on
my local client and the build successfully passed. So this problem
seems to be improved if we correct upper ASCII characters in only the
header files although it's not the perfect way. Thanks.
</quote>

Blessings,
Foster

--
Foster T. Brereton - Computer Scientist
Software Technology Lab, Adobe Systems Incorporated