From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 06:06:56

"Paul Giaccone" <paulg_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

FWIW These characters are rendered quite strangely in my (Western European?)
version of this message. They may be rendered differently for others so I
provided a description

ë, A followed by two tiny left braces
ö A followed by a reversed capital P with the round bit filled in
ü A followed by a 1/4
é A followed by a (C)
ä A followed by a round sunny symbol
Ã… A followed by three dots
ç A followed by two S's or squiggly snakes
 Ã¦ A followed by an split vertical bar
ñ A followed by a +- sign
ø , A followed by a squiggle at the foot
 Ã° A followed by the symbol for degrees(small circle near the top)

I'm guessing they are rendered differently for the authors ?

regards
Andy Little