From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 12:35:36

Paul A Bristow wrote:

> (Digression - because of the memory leak in stringstream in VS 8.0 (it is
> disgraceful that we haven't had an SP1 for this),

Another digression.

VS2002 had a single SP1 issued in 2005, long after most people switched
to the essentially free ( shipping cost from MS of DVDs ) VS2003
upgrade. VS2003 has never had an SP issued. VC 8.0 is in VS2005 and, at
the rate which MS has released SPs for the previous releases... <g>. MS
did issue workarounds for problems in VS200(2,3) if one reported bugs to
them verbally. Whether they still do I do not know. They have an online
bug reporting system at
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx. So far they
appear to be very responsive to any bugs reported.