From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-05 14:41:37

"Bertrand Augereau" <bertrand_at_[hidden]> wrote

> I just wanted to let you know that boost::typeof doesn't work (in today
> CVS) when included in a precompiled header with recent MSVC, because of
> a (seemingly common in other boost libs) anonymous-namespace error.
> I'm waiting for boost::typeof to work like a charm in MSVC8 so that I
> can ditch the evil-hack MSVC7 typeof implementation and migrate to MSVC8
:)

I guess the problem happens when you put typeof.hpp in the precompiled
header, and then trying to register additional types outside this
precompiled header...

Typeof was moved into unnamed namespace to avoid ODR violation when using
from cpp files (this doesn't help when using typeof in the headers, though).

Does anybody have any experience in specializing templates, defined in
unnamed namespace, in conjunction with precompiled headers? Specifically if
the main template is defined in the precompiled header (in unnamed
namespace), and then is specialized outside it? Is this supposed to work?
I would assume it is -- precompiled headers are supposed to be transparent,
aren't they?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Arkadiy