From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-06 22:41:33

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>>Here's one man's opinion
>>
>>a) I prefer the larger fonts
>

> Noted.

It's funny. When we had bigger fonts, people complained and clamored
for smaller fonts. Now, when we have smaller fonts, people complain
and ask for bigger fonts. It's usual that we always state what we
do not like. When we had the bigger fonts, no one expressed liking
them. When people complained, no one expressed support for keeping
them. This lead to a prior consensus that smaller is better. Now
here we go again. There's simply no way to please everyone. And,
since this is a matter of preference, I'd like to keep them as they
are now. (don't get me wrong, I preferred bigger fonts before).

... Same thing with the shaded boxes ...

I think the lesson here is that, by all means, try to express things
that you like, as much as those that you don't. This will sort of
balance things out since dislikes often sound louder.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com