From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-10 06:22:33

"Maxim Yegorushkin" <maxim.yegorushkin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 4/10/06, Reece Dunn <msclrhd_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> []
>
>> > * Boost Lexical Cast has been tentatively accepted by the LWG for TR2.
>>
>> This has to be one of the most useful utilities in Boost.
>
> All developers I know roll out their own versions of lexical_cast.
> Last time I checked the implementation of boost::lexical_cast it had
> efficiency bugs. There at least should be specializations for string
> -> integer/double conversions that use strtoul/d functions directly
> rather than iostreams.

The proposal explicitly allows implementations to provide specializations.
It would be very unusual for the committee to require implementations to
supply specific specializations. Rather, that would be viewed as a quality
of implementation issue.

The actual document is N1975, Filesystem Library Proposal for TR2 (Revision
3). It will appear on the committee web site in two or three weeks.

--Beman