From: Matt Doyle (mdoyle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-10 13:38:53

snip>

> On a related note, why doesn't the threading lib offer any
> means to yield for
> a certain time? In more than nine out of ten cases, this is
> the way I do
> things, waiting for a certain point in time - like
> Boost.Thread does - is
> rather the exception than the rule.
I'd like to second that request, needing to use the win32 Sleep just kills the portability. My workaround for yielding is -

#if defined _MSC_VER || WIN32
# include <windows.h> // for Sleep
# define MILLI_SECOND_SLEEP(value) (Sleep(value))
#else
# include <unistd.h> // for usleep
# define MILLI_SECOND_SLEEP(value) (usleep(value * 1000))
#endif

but that's just a hack, it really should be in the library.

Matt

Scanned by McAfee GroupShield {X3BTB534}