From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 09:47:53

On Apr 11, 2006, at 5:01 AM, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> On 4/11/06, Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Sounds good. I am worried that even with the iostream integration
>> the
>> proposal won't have Doug's one-line wget implementation, but we'll
>> see.
>
> Shouldn't that be expected as it's a networking library and not a
> HTTP library?

I'm not asking for an HTTP library. I'm asking for it to be utterly
trivial to

        1) Establish a connection to a remote site
        2) Write some data over that connection
        3) Read some data from that connection
        4) Terminate the connection

And I'd like those 4 bullets to take about 4 lines of code. It
doesn't need perfect error handling, it doesn't need to handle
redirects, it just needs to do the obvious thing in an obvious way.

        Doug