From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-12 13:22:07

Tobias Schwinger wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> #ifdef __WIN32__
>> #include <win32/myfile.hpp>
>> #elif ...
>> #endif
>>

>> So that dependency analysis works with Boost.Build without yet more
>> special case kludges ;-) And so that people with smart text editors can
>> select the include file and open it directly. And so that other people
>> reading the code have a chance at understanding it.
>>

> ;-)
>
> I still prefer having an appropriate include path set by the build system.
> However, the OP asked how to #include files with macro-ized names...

True... But this is a list about the Boost Libraries. If it was a
general question perhaps c.l.c++ is a better forum.

> The code above looks like a copy-and-paste solution (given the project has
> more than one platform dependent translation unit).
> But while we're at it: it's probably not too bad of an idea to have
> BOOST_PLATFORM_<PLATFORM> or something like that defined by Boost.Config to
> normalize between the different name/underscore combinations there are (see
> boost/config/select_platform_config.hpp)...

Absolutely, and I'm already working on it. See the wiki for some notes
about that <http://tinyurl.com/p4hb3>. I have more up to date notes that
I've gathered as I try to implement those changes.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything