From: Valentin Samko (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-12 15:31:04

>> The driving forces behind lambdas for C++0x are Jeremiah Willcock,
>> Jaakko Jarvi, and Valentin Samko.

RD> I'll keep an eye out for papers from them.

Currently there are two lambda proposals, one from me and another from
Jaakko and Jeremiah, et al. The main reason we have two proposals is
that we did not know about each other's proposal until the final
drafts were ready.

The main difference between these proposals (apart from minor
syntactic differences) is that in one the local scope variables are copied
by reference to the lambda object by default and in another they are
copied by value. There are advantages and disadvantages in both
approaches.

We are currently working on resolving issues raised during the
committee meeting and hopefully will write a new paper on lambdas.
Any feedback on this topic will be highly appreciated.

Valentin Samko
http://val.samko.info/