From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-17 12:32:52

> On Behalf Of Jeff Garland

> First a question for Reece -- didn't you put together the
Boost.Database
> stuff
> in the sandbox?

I put Boost.Database in the sandbox.

> It's been awhile since I looked, but is there anything
> there
> that could be used to forward a combined proposal?

I just started reading the docs for SOCI, but I don't think my library
does much that SOCI doesn't. My library has a very simple iterator
based interface with no facilities for exchanging data other than simple
gets. Once that had been accepted I had planned on releasing a full
fledged serialization library on top of it, but then I got busy with
other things... The serialization part was much more exciting than the
basic interface.

One issue I remember confronting was string representation. How would
SOCI handle that? I ended up having to make everything a template.

Anyway, if you need a hand with anything in SOCI I'd love to help out.

Brock