From: Loïc Joly (loic.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-19 05:55:37

Hello everybody,

In boost::shared_ptr, there is a trick to get a type convertible to bool
that is not a bool... unspecified_bool_type is a function pointer.

However, with MSVC8.0, and at least when I compile with /clr, I seem to
have some problem with it : The null fct ptr seems to be coded
0xffffffff. That is just fine in non /clr compilation, where it gets
evaluated as false when converted in boolean. But in /clr mode, it is
converted to true.

I guess this is a problem with the compiler, but would it not be
possible to use a not so clever unspecified_bool_type with this compiler
as a work-around ?

Best regards,

--
Loïc