From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-19 22:42:21

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:22:42 +0100, Lee Houghton wrote
> Marcin Kalicinski wrote:
> >> Two things that I had to roll into my config system:
> >> a) ability to include other files
> >
> > This is a parser job to handle includes. Of the parsers included with the
> > library only INFO supports them, but I believe other formats (XML, JSON,
> > INI) do not have a notion of include at all.
>
> XML itself may not have a notion of inclusions,

It has more than a notion of includes, there's a whole spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

We use this all the time in BoostBook xml docs -- example from the date_time
docs...

   <xi:include href="conceptual.xml"/>
   <xi:include href="usage_examples.xml"/>
   <xi:include href="gregorian.xml"/>