From: Thyfate (thyfate_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 07:14:49

Thanks for your concern John. Type traits is one of the boost libraries
which are most useful to me, and let me thank you and the boost team for it
by the way.

I am not sure I understand your point about the __has_trivial_constructor
intrinsic being broken... it seems to work pretty fine to me ?

Boost::is_pod and boost::has_trivial_constructor become broken because the
first one use the intrinsic and the second one use the first one...

As far as I am concerned, I patched boost/type_traits/intrinsics.hpp by
commenting out the __is_pod intrinsic, and now everything seems working
fine.

Most of the time, code using is_pod can be refined to be more generic and
only use the other intrinsics. I thus managed to remove all is_pod uses from
my code and thus still always benefit from compiler information.

Perhaps it would be possible to rebuild a non-broken is_pod using compiler
information, based only on the other intrinsics ?

Thanks,

Charles-Antoine Giuliani