From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 03:20:44

Marcin Kalicinski wrote:

>> First and foremost I would like to remind everybody that we already have
>> one library intended to cover this problem domain (completely
>> unacceptable IMO - but that's another story).
>
> You are talking about Program Options library. I don't quite agree it
> covers the same problem domain. I feel it is more focued on command-line
> than on reading configuration in general. The biggest difference is that
> property_tree is a DOM, not a linear structure.

If that's DOM, then why the interface is so radically different from W3W DOM
spec? I understand that you mean "DOM" in the broad sense, but anyway, all
libraries that pretend to working with XML are using specific DOM
interface. It might not be excellent, but it allows one to write
essentially the same code using all existing libs.

- Volodya