From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 12:19:19

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>> I think that a clear difference is that Property Tree is intended
>> to support I/O of configuration settings, and of other kinds of
>> human-readable data files. I could well envision an application
>
> The same woth PO. PO doesn't deal with config file generation but that (as I
> mention in my review) is completely unnessesary anyway. Why and how
> frequently would I want to generate my config files programmatically?

We read and write our config files a lot. Our systems perform the own
optimisations and the latest settings our stored in a config file. The
software reads in the current config file, modifies some values and
writes out the entire config file again (currently they are XML based).

But some values are also only human editable (not on the system setup
display etc) so simple XML based files work well because they can easily
be read/written by a person and the software itself.

Cheers

Russell